Policy on the Safeguarding of Children and Adults
This statement was adopted by Locking Castle Church at an Ecumenical Church Council meeting held on 14th December 2015 and reviewed 8th February 2021. This policy will be reviewed each year to monitor the progress which has been achieved.
- We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
- As members of this church we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all children and adults to whom we minister.
- We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
- We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
- Locking Castle Church commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
- Locking Castle Church is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
- Locking Castle Church adopts the Safeguarding Children,Young People and Vulnerable Adults Policy of the Church of the Diocese of Bath and Wells.
- Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by the recommendations and the guidelines established by the policy and the Ecumenical Church Council of Locking Castle Church.
Locking Castle Church appoints Suzanne Pearse to represent the concerns and views of vulnerable people at our meetings and to outside bodies, as the church safeguarding officer
Incumbent: Rev Tom Yacomeni
Church Officers: Luke Lyons and Andy Watts
ECC Safeguarding Lead: Heather Colledge
Safeguarding Officer: Suzanne Pearse
Date: 8th February 2021
Useful telephone numbers and links:
Suzanne Pearse - Safeguarding officer: 07968 970 203
Bath and Wells Diocesan Safeguarding Team: 01749 685 135
To report safeguarding concerns or abuse via the Diocese of Bath and Wells please click here
North Somerset Council Children's Social Care: 01275 888 808
North Somerset Council Adult Social Care: 01275 888 801
Avon and Somerset Police: 999